Monday, April 7, 2008

Recovering Freedom

Monday morning,April 7,2008…

The world around me is my mirror. I am continuously making choices whether I'm conscious in my choices or not, I am choosing. The life I'm surrounded with is the result of how and what I've chosen. I am responsible for my creation and for how I respond and react to what happens, moment by moment, day by day.

This world around me is an amazing orchestrated reality that truly has a life of its own. To sit back and watch, to be aware enough to sit back and watch, is a great gift. From the endless stories being fed to the world through television and newspapers to the personal networks of cell phones and e-mails we are constantly engaged in an action/reaction dance of mind, body and emotion. In the midst of all the sounds, feelings, opinions and judgments it is a wonder we know peace at all.

So what would happen if I stopped feeding this perpetual motion way of life? What might happen if I chose to not listen to the television or read the newspapers? Can I have conversations with others and not get hooked by my internal voices of opinion and judgment? Why do I care so much what I think of other peoples opinions and judgments? Why do I care what they think of my opinions and judgments?

Somewhere along the way in life I got hooked into making almost anything more important than my peace of mind in the moment. That is really crazy and that was a choice. I had no awareness of my choice at the time and it was a choice. My attention directs my power of creation and I allow my attention to be hooked by everything from my feelings and emotions to the insanity of the news channels and the constant lies of the political agendas and on and on. Thinking and seeking validation for that thinking is a full time distraction from enjoying the loving life awareness of simply being human.

This being human is a grand experience. We are amazing beings. We've all heard that nobody is perfect. Well how would you know? What if we are perfection living the experience of being human and all this stuff we do is as simple as our living what we have chosen to live whether aware or not?

Life on Earth as human beings is happening the way it is because we say so. There is nobody out there doing "it" to us, we are doing "it" to ourselves first and then each other. To spew hate and fear into the world you must first have hate and fear within you. To give love and compassion to the world you must first have love and compassion within you. We can not share what we are not willing to foster within ourself first. There are lots of people faking it and the results of their actions are no more lasting than their phony intentions.

Spirit Recovery is not really a recovery at all, we never lose what we really are and we do succumb to all the stuff we are told we must be if we would be good enough. Spirit Recovery is all about waking up to how we have turned away from the integrity of the truth within us for the sake of being loyal and faithful to the demands and offerings of all those other lost humans who need our attention and validation to help them keep believing the stories that they've abandoned their inherent integrity for.

This is the inheritance of a legacy. Look around the planet and you'll see how insanity has been deemed legitimate in the name of politics, religion, patriotism, even recovery. By abandoning our integrity we open ourselves up to all the temptations and lies that fear would offer disguised as tradition or culture or you as a definition. We can not define being human and we are.

To awaken to the great mystery within each of us is to be free from the need for definition. To have faith in life frees us from the need to have faith in our definitions of ourselves. We are life, we are human we are creators and witnesses and participants and we are the light of the world. Be careful what you decide you believe.

The truth is, our greatest obstacle to living our direct relationship to creation is the power we invest in our beliefs out of fear of the unknown. We have been taught and we bought into it that if we know then we're o.k. Well that obviously is bullshit. This world is full of knowing and it's almost always the greatest “knowers” who perpetrate the greatest lies.

The truth does not need our belief in it to be the truth. The truth was here when we arrived on the planet and the truth will be here when we leave and the rest is what we will decide as individuals to make of this amazing experience of being human. For myself, today, Monday April 7th, I'll keep reminding myself that I have the ultimate choice in my life and I am absolutely responsible for how I invest myself in my choices. Peace be with you....Love, Lee
http://www.spiritrecovery.com
http://www.recoveryranch.com

2 comments:

docphun said...

Manno I miss you. As usual , you are right on. I hope all is well in your world Lee.

Peace brother

Kelly Cook

kski said...

Lee, how refreshing to see in print what I feel is so true. Training myself to control my emotional influences is hard enough. Teaching this to my children has proven to be very difficult. Learning to enjoy life is becoming very enjoyable. Thank you for your kind words and the wisdom behind them. k skinner