Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moments in the Sand


Last night I realized how much the world has changed since I was a little boy. I was moved and proud to be who I am and to see that the people of the Unites States had come to open the realm of possibilities and step beyond what we've lived with as fear of anything we can't control or pretend to be true no matter what, for so long and allow the unknown,potential, hope, courage to lead us into a new opportunity to recreate The United States.

This morning after I took Bella to her Escheula del Mundo in San Pauncho, I came home to a beautiful swell, 3-5foot surf, light breeze, clear skies and that soft feeling in the air from last nights rain storm. As I stood on our terrazzo, looking out across the beach to the surf break I was Me, capitalized because I was the Me that's always been there underneath whatever personality I was in or role I was playing. That "Me" has been surfing since I was 12 years old, today I'm 52 and you know the feeling, the love, the mystique and lure of La Mar, the ocean, is the same as always. She is in my blood and her waves flow through my heart, salt, sand and all. Most afternoons after school I take Bella who is 6 to the beach in front of the house for "Ocean Swimming Class". It is our official time to be Dad and daughter playing in the legacy of so many of my dreams and I see her falling in love with the same sea and sand that I have loved all my life.

I talk about "legacy" a lot these days. We all inherit a legacy, many in fact. There's the legacy of family, then the legacy of religion and country and beliefs and behaviors etc... We pass these legacies on to everyone we meet and love. We pass them on to our children and share them with our friends, spouses, and co-workers.

Yesterday in the U.S.A. a new legacy was created and for a lot of people an old one died. We have been dragging around a lot of legacies that need to die or are already dead but we refuse to see that their dead and we drag them with us demanding that they are still relevant and ok.Prejudice is one of these legacies, just an example.

As I share one of my legacies with my daughters on the beach in Mexico a brilliant, courageous man has created a legacy for the entire awake world to look up to and that's a legacy of perseverance and hope.

So what's your legacy? What did you inherit that is not true any longer that you'd be willing to let go of? What legacy do you share with the world around you and especially with your children? Our bodies are short term rentals in this world but our legacies are the blueprints for the world that will be inherited by those that come next and with our awakening that legacy will be one of courage, light,love,honesty and change.Change is proof of life, when change stops that's when we need to be worried.

Blessed be the ones who are willing to dream the great dreams that lead others to freedom. We always have a choice.

My Bella is calling me, it's time for "Ocean Swim Class"...Support those legacies that bring love into your life and be done with the ones that bring suffering and fear.Let Mr. Obama be an inspiration and be the change. We are here now for a reason..this is our Moment in The Sand...Vaya con Dios, Lee

No comments: